The city has received several reports recently, of local dogs being poisoned while on the owners’ property. While we are very concerned, unfortunately, the City does not have the authority to pursue investigation into these reports, as we do not have a local police department. We strongly encourage anyone who has witnessed any suspicious activity or has information that may assist with an investigation to contact 911 and file a report with the Sheriff’s Department. In addition, we recommend taking the following steps to ensure the safety of your family and pets:
- Keep dogs leashed and in your sight while outside
- Do not allow animals to eat or drink anything they find outside
- Inspect your property and surroundings for any unusual substances, containers, etc.
- Do not touch any unidentified substances
- Call 911 to report any suspicious findings